- March 18, 2019
- Posted by: khawaja senan
- Category: Heavy Equipment
Heavy machinery helps us to carry out complex works that without it we would not be able to perform. But these machines, in turn, also depend on the people who handle them. Knowing the work of a heavy machinery operator will help you respect both the machines themselves and the professionals who work with them.
What are the duties of a heavy equipment operator?
In general, a heavy machinery operator works with equipment used in industry sectors such as transport, maintenance and the construction of large infrastructures, such as roads, bridges, pipelines, buildings, airports, gas pipelines, large tunnels and a long etc.
When we talk about heavy machinery, we refer, especially to the following: profiling machines, pavers, excavators, bulldozers, loaders, welding machines, cranes, dump trucks … In short, large machines whose correct operation depends on the safety of a construction site.
What is the main functions of heavy machinery operator?
Although it may seem that, to handle this type of machinery, just a little common sense and press a couple of buttons, this is not true. Accuracy and safety are two of the things that must be taken into account when hiring the best operator of heavy machinery.
The person doing this work must:
- Check the equipment and make sure they are in good condition before using them. This includes checking that the due maintenance has been carried out correctly.
- Make sure the location of the facilities in the land on which you are going to work.
- Carry out the installation of the structures or components necessary for the machine to work.
- Know the legislation applicable to the heavy machinery that will handle and comply with it during the handling of said machinery.
- Carry out the work of excavation, transfer, loading, search or that which corresponds. This is the function that we associate with a heavy machine operator. But, as we see, it is in fifth place.
- Inform the site manager of any type of malfunction in the machinery or of non-compliance with the law.
What is the profile of a good operator of heavy machinery?
As we have seen, there are many functions of a construction operator. And to carry them out it’s not enough to be able to press buttons. People who go to work in this field need a high dose of responsibility . They must be methodical people capable of reaching and maintaining high states of concentration.
They must attend to detail and have a great analytical capacity. In addition, they must go through periods of initial training, but also of recycling. To make sure that they know the machinery they handle, but also that they keep abreast of their updates.
Flexibility and learning ability are the two basic characteristics of a good operator of heavy machinery. Since it is likely that you should perform more functions during your workday. The heavy equipment rental companies in Dubai, UAE that offer their products for rent have qualified personnel, you can contact us for any quote or advise regarding heavy machinery hiring in the United Arab Emirates.